[antlr-interest] Re: 2.7.2 build system is fubar

Terence Parr parrt at jguru.com
Sun Feb 16 16:09:21 PST 2003

Hi Dave,

First let me agree that the build situation is FUBAR.  Tough no matter
what though with multiple languages.  Anyway, ok, the antlr.jar file
that comes with the distribution should be all you need to get C++
output.  You should then be able to include/compile/link/exec without
rebuilding antlr itself.  I guess though the C++ libraries will have to
be build, which probably why you jumped on the ol' makefile.

Oh, you need antlr.jar not antlrall.jar now...

Compiling C++ on various platforms has always been a hassle, but a
number of folks have it working per the antlr-interest list digests...

Terence

--
Co-founder, http://www.jguru.com
Lecturer in Comp. Sci., University of San Francisco