[antlr-interest] 2.7.2 patch for antlr.jar mixup?

Ric Klaren klaren at cs.utwente.nl
Tue Feb 18 02:03:44 PST 2003

Hi,

On Mon, Feb 17, 2003 at 11:14:00AM -0800, Terence Parr wrote:
> > Now they tell me ;P Terence can we put up a fixed 2.7.2 distro after I
> > fix
> > this in the configure scripts and Makefile build ? (The idea of going
> > another year referencing ppl to a development snapshot with some
> > essential
> > fixes does really *not* appeal to me...) Mental note to myself for next
> > time: do not release when you're about to go on a business trip, do it
> > afterwards.
>
> <snicker>.  Yes, we can push out a fix sometime.  I'd like to add some
> other things too, but if this is critical we can push right away.  What
> would be call it?  2.7.3?

Hmmm would depend on how much we put in. Upping a whole version might be a
bit overdone it's mostly build fixes I have.

> >> -- it's pointless to include the generated *.java files in the
> >> distribution as readonly, and then try to regenerate new files over
> >> them. either they should be writable, or not regenerated during the
> >> build.
> >
> > This is a packaging error. Our source controll system perforce keeps
> > files
> > always readonly so my guess is that Terence just tarballed/zipped the
> > lot.
> > Thus breaking the Makefile build.
>
> Ah ha.  Yeah, forgot about that.  So I should run a "chmod a+w -R *"
> before release?

Yesterday evening I realized it might be smarter to do this in the make
rules themselves, that way we can't forget it anymore ;)

Cheers,

Ric
    ---- Ric Klaren ----- j.klaren at utwente.nl ----- +31 53 4893722  ----