[antlr-interest] 2.7.2 patch for antlr.jar mixup?

Terence Parr parrt at jguru.com
Mon Feb 17 11:14:00 PST 2003

On Monday, February 17, 2003, at 02:57 AM, Ric Klaren wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Mon, Feb 17, 2003 at 04:21:56AM -0000, Dave <davekam at pobox.com>
> wrote:
> TJP> Oh, you need antlr.jar not antlrall.jar now...
>
> Now they tell me ;P Terence can we put up a fixed 2.7.2 distro after I
> fix
> this in the configure scripts and Makefile build ? (The idea of going
> another year referencing ppl to a development snapshot with some
> essential
> fixes does really *not* appeal to me...) Mental note to myself for next
> time: do not release when you're about to go on a business trip, do it
> afterwards.

<snicker>.  Yes, we can push out a fix sometime.  I'd like to add some
other things too, but if this is critical we can push right away.  What
would be call it?  2.7.3?

>> -- it's pointless to include the generated *.java files in the
>> distribution as readonly, and then try to regenerate new files over
>> them. either they should be writable, or not regenerated during the
>> build.
>
> This is a packaging error. Our source controll system perforce keeps
> files
> always readonly so my guess is that Terence just tarballed/zipped the
> lot.
> Thus breaking the Makefile build.

Ah ha.  Yeah, forgot about that.  So I should run a "chmod a+w -R *"
before release?

Ter
--
Co-founder, http://www.jguru.com
Lecturer in Comp. Sci., University of San Francisco