[antlr-interest] strange error : was : ATTN: Ric Klaren. Bug in the AST copy ctor

cintyram <cintyram at yahoo.com> cintyram at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 20 11:09:20 PST 2003

hi alexander,
understnad what was wrong and what you suggest to do to fix it [ or so
i think ] ;
but i had not attempted to analyse the code [ though i might have
missed even if i did attempt ]; i got this funny error message and the
program crashes .. or if i call one function it goes to another one ;
 i was of the opinion that since antlr code might not be buggy, either
my input or the vc stl might be wrong[which i think is unlikely ]
but my input doesnt seem to be wrong to me;
The only difference i found was as i noted in my post, in the
constructors .. so without even trying to understnad what was going on
behind, i just tried a change if it would affect this error and then
reverted back ; but after reading your posts i set it to ref(0)

unfortunately i cannot post the actual grammar im using [ PL doesnt
allow ] so i dont know how else i can get help in fixing this error
http://www.geocities.com/cintyram/antlr/errors/strange_error_message.jpg

hope to get some help,
cheers
ram