[antlr-interest] ANTLR 3 License

Matt Benson gudnabrsam at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 17 14:05:49 PDT 2003

I have personally made no arguments either for or
against LGPL and I use and contribute to software
under this license, complying with its terms to my
best ability based on my understanding of them.  I
will also make no attempt to contradict your assertion
that I am (like others, I'm sure) too lazy to wade
through the "reams of electrons" that constitute these
open-source licenses, preferring to adhere to the
distilled "bottom line" accepted by the community at
large and shared by those with more patience.  I use
open-source software as much as possible (for damned
near everything I suppose); however I limit the ways
in which I use an open-source package to the aspects
of its license I think I understand.  Rest assured
that when an issue arises for which I need a thorough
understanding of "X" license, I will invest the
appropriate neurons.  In the meantime, I feel like my
approach is not as reckless as it could be and I will
not lose sleep over your (fairly on-target)
accusations because my comfort is worth more to me
than your approval, ya know?

-Matt

<braden at jabber.org>