[antlr-interest] how to allow keywords as variables

Terence Parr parrt at jguru.com
Thu Jun 5 10:19:43 PDT 2003

Hi Ruslan,

I'm afraid there are few good solutions and I didn't write down any of
my "answers".  Perhaps some people here will respond.

The one interesting method may be to build a TokenStream object that
looks at the context before and after an ID or keyword and decides
whether to change the token type.  The TokenStream might end up being a
full-blown parser though.

Terence

On Wednesday, June 4, 2003, at 01:23  PM, Ruslan Zasukhin wrote:

> Hi Terrence,
>
> I have look on your lecture page and found here few PDF and MP3 audio.
>
> I am very interested now in question "how to allow keywords as
> variables "
> But there is only MP3 for this issue.
>
> Problem is that I am not native English man, so I afraid it will be
> hard for
> me understand it listening MP3.
>
> Why there is no PDF files for many lectures in "Worksheet 0" for
> example?
>
> I wonder where I can find answer on this question in your standard
> docs at
>     http://antlr.org/doc/index.html  ?
>
> --
> Best regards,

Co-founder, http://www.jguru.com
Co-founder, http://www.peerscope.com link sharing, pure-n-simple
Lecturer in Comp. Sci., University of San Francisco