[antlr-interest] cgram uses deprecated method

edcjones edcjones at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 15 08:17:55 PST 2003

I get the following messages for cgram/examples/Test.java. The code
compiles and executes.

> javac Test.java
Note: Test.java uses or overrides a deprecated API.
Note: Recompile with -deprecation for details.
> javac -deprecation Test.java
Test.java:33: warning: setASTNodeType(java.lang.String) in
antlr.Parser has been deprecated
            parser.setASTNodeType(TNode.class.getName());
                  ^
1 warning
> java -version
java version "1.4.1"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build
Blackdown-1.4.1-beta)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build Blackdown-1.4.1-beta, mixed mode)

I sense from an Internet search that "setASTNodeType" should be
replaced by "setASTNodeClass". Is this correct?

Note: In a number of places on the Internet I found API documentation
for antlr 2.7.1. See, for example,

http://www.i.4d-box.com/manual/antlr/overview-summary.html
http://www.doc.ic.ac.uk/lab/secondyear/Antlr/API/

Is this style of documentation available for 2.7.2?