[antlr-interest] antlr + build tools : does antlr only re-generate files that have changed?

Ric Klaren klaren at cs.utwente.nl
Mon Mar 17 01:46:01 PST 2003

Hi,

On Sat, Mar 15, 2003 at 08:00:53PM +1100, Ross Bencina wrote:
> example if I edit a semantic action in the parser grammar, only Parser.cpp
> gets modified (Parser.h, Lexer.cpp/.hpp file modification dates remain
> unchanged.) My first question is - is this the expected an normal behavior
> of antlr?

This was added somewhere in the 2.7.1 track. It prevents lengthy
(unnecessary) rebuilds in C++ mode. In makefiles I generally use a rule
that runs antlr and touches a little help file. The help file is then used
in following dependencies. This works very well. With a bit of luck it
might work too with your build script ?

Cheers,

Ric
    ---- Ric Klaren ----- j.klaren at utwente.nl ----- +31 53 4893722  ----