[antlr-interest] c# code generation with Visual Studio .NET

Ney, Richard richard.ney at aspect.com
Mon May 5 13:14:00 PDT 2003

Patrik,

Unless something has changed that I'm unaware of. The C++ instructions for
setting up a custom build step will not work with the .NET languages. This
is due to the fact that the .NET languages don't have custom build steps.

The work around I did was to setup a menu item in the Tools menu of the IDE.
This at least allows me to select a .g file and compile it. Until someone
has the time to write the add-in for .NET languages this is the best we have
at this time.

The command is the Java VM and the arguments are

-classpath c:\antlr-2.7.2 antlr.Tool -o $(ProjectDir).
$(ProjectDir)$(ItemFileName)$(ItemExt)

Hope this helps.

-Richard