[antlr-interest] nondeterminism for general word defintion

cgodfrey86 cgodfrey at epnet.com
Thu May 8 05:22:25 PDT 2003

I have a grammar defined in lex and yacc that I am trying to define
with ANTLR. There is one aspect of the definition that I am having
difficulty with because of nondeterminism issues. Was hoping people
may have suggestions on how to deal with this or maybe a sanity check
that this grammar is not a good candidiate to be defined with ANTLR.

>>From Lex, I have the following 2 definitions for a TERM

When in one state, a Term is defined as a W, when in another state, a
Term is defined as an L.   If I try and define a TERM as either W or
L type data in ANTLR I encounter nondeterminism with either of the 2
cases as well as with all other tokens I have defined in my grammar.

Suggestions appreciated.

Thanks