[antlr-interest] problems building antlr using antlr.build.Tool

Robert Colquhoun rjc at trump.net.au
Mon May 26 16:59:55 PDT 2003

Hello John,

At 12:31 PM 26/05/2003 -0400, John Clayton wrote:
>I think I may have solved my own problem (it's reaching my code where
>it's encountering errors ;-) here by setting CLASSPATH in the environ
>rather than on the command line.  I guess the tool might look for that
>when it invokes the compiler?  Could be.  Still, any feedback is
>appreciated.

I have had trouble building antlr from scratch, i created this small build
script to do it:

$ cat build
find antlr -name '*.class' -exec rm {} \;
javac -classpath . antlr/build/*.java
javac -classpath . antlr/J*.java
java -classpath . antlr.build.Tool build
java -classpath . antlr.build.Tool jar

(Run from root directory of distribution)

First time you run this you might need to chmod to 660 all .class files
with the distribution as they are set read only.

  - Robert