[antlr-interest] problems building antlr using antlr.build.Tool

John Clayton neuroboy at optonline.net
Tue May 27 15:50:12 PDT 2003

Thanks Robert,

Actually, I horsed around with the packaging a bit and created an ant
build file to build it.  I partitioned the class files away from the
source (build/classes) -much nicer in an IDE-so you can just clean that
dir between builds, and squirreled the source away in another dir (src,
apropos)  off the root so I could work on just the ANTLR source without
a lot of clutter.  I also looked into the build tool a bit and set it
up mimic that process as closely as I could (running the jar on the g
files) and then created a dir for the distribution (dist).  Maybe
someone more familiar with ANTLR would be interested in having a look
to see if all is good? Well, if anyone wants it, let me know.

Cheers, John.

On Monday, May 26, 2003, at 07:59  PM, Robert Colquhoun wrote:

> Hello John,
>
> At 12:31 PM 26/05/2003 -0400, John Clayton wrote:
>> I think I may have solved my own problem (it's reaching my code where
>> it's encountering errors ;-) here by setting CLASSPATH in the environ
>> rather than on the command line.  I guess the tool might look for that
>> when it invokes the compiler?  Could be.  Still, any feedback is
>> appreciated.
>
> I have had trouble building antlr from scratch, i created this small
> build
> script to do it:
>
> $ cat build
> find antlr -name '*.class' -exec rm {} \;
> javac -classpath . antlr/build/*.java
> javac -classpath . antlr/J*.java
> java -classpath . antlr.build.Tool build
> java -classpath . antlr.build.Tool jar
>
> (Run from root directory of distribution)
>
> First time you run this you might need to chmod to 660 all .class files
> with the distribution as they are set read only.
>
>   - Robert
>

> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
> http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Regards,