[antlr-interest] Re: Unresolved tokens while linking in VC++

ashish80_agg ashish at noida.atrenta.com
Wed Nov 19 21:40:13 PST 2003

Hi,
  I am a pretty new user of antlr. We, at our company, have been
trying to build antlr for C++. But, as reported by Mr. Richard, we
have been finding 4 linking errors, while building the same. Can
anyone on this group tell us the reason of the same.

As far as we see, the latest downloadable version of antlr, is missing
some file (ANTLRException.cpp). Kindly help us in resolving the issue
asap.

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Ashish

--- In antlr-interest at yahoogroups.com, "Ney, Richard"
<richard.ney at a...> wrote:
> Normally I'm pretty good and finding the solution to these type of
issues but this one has me stumped.

> Has anyone using VC++ seen these linking errors while using that
latest ANTLR C++ snapshot. I see them defined in Token.cpp and
BaseAST.cpp but I keep on getting the unresolved errors.

Win32 ------

?ASTNULL at TreeParser@antlr@@2V?$ASTRefCount at VAST@antlr@@@2 at A

> LINK : fatal error LNK1120: 3 unresolved externals

> Richard Ney
Aspect Communications

> Principal Software Engineer
>
> < <http://www.aspect.com/> http://www.aspect.com>
            Main:  408.325.2200

> < <mailto:richard.ney at a...> mailto:richard.ney at a...>            SJ
Office: 408.325.2464

      Home Office: 916.797.9602

> The Three Laws of Infernal Dynamics:
> 1. An object in motion will always be headed in the wrong direction.
> 2. An object at rest will always be in the wrong place.
> 3. The energy required to change either of these states will always
be more than you wish to expend, but never so much as to make the task
appear prospectively impossible.