[antlr-interest] Re: Unresolved tokens while linking in VC++

Ric Klaren klaren at cs.utwente.nl
Thu Nov 20 04:56:21 PST 2003

On Thu, Nov 20, 2003 at 05:40:13AM -0000, ashish80_agg wrote:
>   I am a pretty new user of antlr. We, at our company, have been
> trying to build antlr for C++. But, as reported by Mr. Richard, we
> have been finding 4 linking errors, while building the same. Can
> anyone on this group tell us the reason of the same.
>
> As far as we see, the latest downloadable version of antlr, is missing
> some file (ANTLRException.cpp). Kindly help us in resolving the issue
> asap.

ANTLRException.cpp does not exist. (it may have existed once though) are
you by any chance using an old workspace ?

The other errors (presuming you have the same as Richard) basically look like
MS weirdness. Try changing linkage/constness of these variables at their
definitions. I'm no VC7 user and don't have access to it so I have no clue.
It is kindoff strange since I had reports that it worked with VC7.1 :(

One note about the symbols those are all objects of which there should be
only *one* for every lexer/parser/treeparser combination (that works on the
same ast)

Cheers,

Ric
    ---- Ric Klaren ----- j.klaren at utwente.nl ----- +31 53 4893722  ----