[antlr-interest] On a more personal note...

Arnar Birgisson arnarb at oddi.is
Wed Oct 8 05:12:07 PDT 2003

Hi there..

I just wanted to express my opinion on one thing: I love ANTLR! I have
been using lex/yacc for quite a few projects, and LL-predicated lexing
opens up a whole new world of possibilities.

As I have mentioned before, I am taking (or have taken) courses in
compiler design and programming language theory. Discovering ANTLR has
helped in making me seriously thinking about aquiring a masters degree
specializing in this field of CS.

Reading posts from all of you on this list as well as contemplating on
the problems posted here has given me just as much of an understandnig
on the practical side of my studies as all the lectures combined, and
seeing ANTLR in action solving compicated problems (somtimes
context-dependent) makes me appreciate it greatly.

A big hand for Terence and all the others involved in ANTLR's design and
implementation!

'nuff said..

thank you,
Arnar