[antlr-interest] 2.7.2, unicode, and VC++

Ric Klaren klaren at cs.utwente.nl
Tue Oct 28 01:25:04 PST 2003

Hi,

On Mon, Oct 27, 2003 at 09:14:11PM +0200, Ruslan Zasukhin wrote:
> > I would suspect that there will never be a official version of antlr with
> > unicode support for VC 6 (maybe VC6 and STLPort). For VC 7.1 and maybe 7.0
> > yes.
>
> So I wonder,
>
> 1) Unicode support for Visual 7.1 already exists ?
>     or only planned?

Only planned.

> 2) what is so different in 7.0 and 7.1 to make difference for Unicode
> support?

Someone who had both compilers told me that 7.1 was a lot more standard
compliant than 7.0, the stuff I plan to use for unicode support will
require a very standard compliant compiler. So I'm carefull with respect to
making promises ;)

> 3) as always I will need port this to CodeWarrior also (as well as to GCC).

Gcc is my development platform so that will always work.

Cheers,

Ric
    ---- Ric Klaren ----- j.klaren at utwente.nl ----- +31 53 4893722  ----