[antlr-interest] 2.7.2, unicode, and VC++

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Tue Oct 28 02:01:55 PST 2003

on 10/28/03 11:25, Ric Klaren at klaren at cs.utwente.nl wrote:

Hi Rick,

>>> I would suspect that there will never be a official version of antlr with
>>> unicode support for VC 6 (maybe VC6 and STLPort). For VC 7.1 and maybe 7.0
>>> yes.
>>
>> So I wonder,
>>
>> 1) Unicode support for Visual 7.1 already exists ?
>>     or only planned?
>
> Only planned.

What we need for this ?

Last 10 days we have work to include IBM unicode library into our Valentina
database engine kernel.

Now the only part where we have no unicode is ANTLR.
For now we try close eyes on this and do other work.

But in nearest time we very want find way to send UNIOCDE SQL Strings to our
ANTLR's SQL parser.

>> 2) what is so different in 7.0 and 7.1 to make difference for Unicode
>> support?
>
> Someone who had both compilers told me that 7.1 was a lot more standard
> compliant than 7.0, the stuff I plan to use for unicode support will
> require a very standard compliant compiler. So I'm carefull with respect to
> making promises ;)

Yes, this is true. 7.1 is much better support standard.

>> 3) as always I will need port this to CodeWarrior also (as well as to GCC).
>
> Gcc is my development platform so that will always work.

Great!

So GCC already support Unicode for ANTLR ?

--
Best regards,
e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com
web: http://www.paradigmasoft.com