[antlr-interest] Re: ANTLR-2.7.2 src library for C++

micheal_jor open.zone at virgin.net
Fri Sep 5 10:31:39 PDT 2003

--- In antlr-interest at yahoogroups.com, David Wigg <wiggjd at l...> wrote:
> I have been using ANTLR-2.7.1. successfully using a static
> library for antlr-2.7.1\lib\cpp\src, using MSVC 6.0.
>
> I now want to use ANTLR-2.7.2 but seem to be getting a lot of
> unexpected warning messages when trying to compile the src
> library using the same settings as I used for ANTLR-2.7.1.
>
> Most of them seem to relate to DLLs such as,
>
> C4273 'ASTFactory::ASTFactory' : inconsistent dll linkage.
> dllexport assumed.
>
> Has something been changed? If not, please could someone suggest
> what I might be doing wrong?

Are you using Ric's latest 2.7.2 snapshot David?. There were a number
of issues with the original release of ANTLR 2.7.2 and the various
versions of MSVC++ (and it's various build configurations). A number
of these have been resolved in Ric's latest releases.

http://wwwhome.cs.utwente.nl/~klaren/antlr/

> Is there some guidance I have missed on the website?
>
> I have looked at Morling's site but this refers to ANTLR-2.7.1.
>
> I have tried the FAQs but search revealed no entries for 2.7.2.

You may want to search the archives of this mailing list. There have
been a few discussions about ANTLR 2.7.2 and MSVC++.

Cheers,

Micheal

PS    If C# code generation is important to you, be sure to apply this
too: http://www.antlr.org/share/1057353989224/antlr-2.7.2-CSharp-SP1.zip