[antlr-interest] Error when my C++ project since updating antlr

Anthony Brenelière abreneliere at telys.com
Fri Sep 5 11:02:38 PDT 2003

I updated my project with the last version of antlr ( 2.7.2 23/08/03 ) i
had an older 2.7.2 version before.,

I regenerated c++ grammars,

And when compiling under VS .NET i've got the following error:

error C2555: 'CIAOParser::getAST': overriding virtual function return
type differs and is not covariant from 'antlr::Parser::getAST'
        antlr\antlr\Parser.hpp(103) : see declaration of
'antlr::Parser::getAST'

i didnt have that error before, and methods getAST are the same in the
last version

I've set "CommonAST" as the AST node of the grammar.

What's behind this error message ?
Anyone has an idea about how to solve this problem ?

Cordially,
Anthony