[antlr-interest] Re: spoke to soon: gmane sucks. period.

firstn_lastname suk6 at centrum.cz
Mon Dec 20 10:30:03 PST 2004

> I will have all the archives up in mailmain shortly so we should in
> better shape...

1) Hi, please can someone tell me - how gmane and yahoo-groups
are working together ?
I quite don't understand that, because gmane clearly
is not able to feed itself with yahoo-groups.

2) If I post to that antlr-interest at yahoogroups.com, will it arive
into gmane ?
You all seem to post to some <<antlr-interest-hHKSG33TihhbjbujkaE4pw
at public dot gmane dot org>>, but this address is not mentioned
anywhere ( on antlr site ). Or does yahoo .forward those messages
to gmane ?? Please can you tell me ?

3) You do not need to spider gmane ( gmane has export ),
If you just wanna TRY it - go with 2190/2199.
http://download.gmane.org/gmane.comp.parsers.antlr-interest/1/2199
it's not tgz, its long plain mbox.

4) but you need to spider yahoo ( I don't know currently hope I'm
wrong ).
But gmane seem to have lot less messages then yahoo.
You seem to switch somewhen at Jun-2004 ??

5) like to know, what are you going to do switch at now ?
   to that groups-beta.google.com
I don't say google is bad ( didn't try it ), I just like to know.

Cheers,          Suk