[antlr-interest] mailman apparently doesn't catch all vacation responses...

Terence Parr parrt at cs.usfca.edu
Mon Dec 20 23:29:10 PST 2004

ugh.  Ok, so anybody know mailman really well?  I had to set the
reply-to field to be the sender not the list in order to avoid mail
loops.  A quick check of the web indicates this is a known and nasty
problem with vacation programs not looking at the "bulk mail" header
and sending mail to a list.

The big question is, how does yahoo make this work?  They couldn't do
anything else right ;)  (i.e., search, etc...).

I hate having to retype antlr-interest at antlr.org each time when I
reply. :(  I also hate getting the vacation replies ;)  Ok, that's it.
No more vacation for anybody! ;) <snicker> <snort>

Please send me mail directly (parrt at cs.usfca.edu) to let me know
about suggestions etc...

One possible solution is to keep yahoogroups.com and I'll just fix the
"view/search mail archives" problem.  It's easy.  I have 3 years of
mail in a single mbox file and can index that trivially.  ugh...i'd
kind of like to move off yahoo though.

Ter