[antlr-interest] Re: Tracking Line Number with C#

micheal_jor open.zone at virgin.net
Thu Feb 26 02:10:40 PST 2004

--- In antlr-interest at yahoogroups.com, "tdknghi" <nk.truong at s...> wrote:
>    Hi,
>
> I tried to write my own custom AST Node type which stores the line
> and column number during the parsing process and print out that
> information in the tree walking process.
>    I have it working with the Java parser however it doesn't work
> with the C# parser. All the line number is 0 and column is -1.
>    Do you know what's wrong. As I mentioned earlier, I got it
> working with the Java parsing but not the C# one.

MiMi,

What version of ANTLR are you using?. You should be using 2.7.3.rc2
since it has extended support for this very issue. Note that you
*must* apply the fix described in this post for C# to work in the
2.7.3rc2 version:

Additionally, it would help if you either described what you did with
the Java and C# versions or, post the relevant snippet(s) of C# code
that is misbehaving.

Cheers,

Micheal
ANTLR/C#