[antlr-interest] Re: Could someone answer me,please?

lgcraymer lgc at mail1.jpl.nasa.gov
Tue Jul 6 01:51:20 PDT 2004

You will have to translate the support functions--at least, those
which support semantic predicates.  David Wigg and his group
translated the C++ grammar from PCCTS to ANTLR 2, and introduced a
number of semantic predicates that were translated from
PCCTS-generated code (ANTLR 2 does not support hoisting of semantic
predicates--most of the complexity appears to be syntactic predicates
that included hoisted semantic predicates.)  AFAIK, no one has yet
done that.  Also, some of the non-determinism warnings are because
ANTLR 2 does approximate LLk--it may still generate correct code.
Have you compared the warning message output you get with the original
 (in C++ mode)--despite the difference in target languages, the
warnings should be identical.

--Loring