[antlr-interest] strong error recovery

Neurosurg khamenya at mail.ru
Wed Jul 28 05:29:30 PDT 2004

Hi all,

the typical input for my parser contains a lot of
unregular garbage between formulae. I have to recognize
and extract valid formulae.

Here goes an example.

>>From input :

  asd3 a#$23+5)@tyu((5+7)*5pppp

parser should extract:

3
23+5
(5+7)*5

Any chances with ANTLR engine?

w.r.t. subject I have found already:

  1. "filter=..." option (BTW, which is available for the Lexer only)

  2. options "ignore", which was used in HTML parser example (also for
Lexer only),

  3. nice exception handling support for grammar

but it doesn't look much helping still.

Any good hints/comments?

thanks a priori,
Valery.

P.S. I've found antlr just recently, before I've
used lex/yacc and flex/bison.