[antlr-interest] Basic question : howto differantiate value/pair combination

DELZANT Bruno (BMB) Bruno.Delzant at proximus.net
Fri Jul 30 01:27:32 PDT 2004

Thanks Ric for the answer that helps me.

But now let's suppose that I define the following:

<!--
class TestLexer extends Lexer;
options { k=4; }

protected UPPER  : ('A'..'Z');
protected LOWER  : ('a'..'z');
protected LETTER : (LOWER | UPPER);
protected DIGIT  : ('0'..'9');

protected ID     : UPPER (LETTER | DIGIT)* ;
protected VALUE  : (LETTER | DIGIT)+ ;

ID_OR_VALUE : (ID EQ) => ID { $setType(ID); }
            | (ID) => VALUE { $setType(VALUE); };

EQ          : '=';
SEPARATOR   : ','|';'|' ';

TOKEN_CMD   : "LOGIN" | "login"
            | "LOGOUT" | "logout" ;
-->

I get a lexical nondeterminism between rules ID_OR_VALUE and TOKEN_CMD.
Is there a way to let know to the lexer that strings defined for
TOKEN_CMD are tokens and should be considered first by the lexer and if
not recognised they should  be a match with LETTER (ID_OR_VALUE
indirectly) ?

As general remark I just started 3 days ago discovering ANTLR, it seems
powerful, but the documentation is, I found, quite vague on basic things
(like the one I speak here).
Is there any good tutorials that go deeper and deeper that just the
reference manual ?

Thanks a lot anyway for your support !

Cheers,
Bruno

**** DISCLAIMER ****

"This e-mail and any attachment thereto may contain information which is confidential and/or protected by intellectual property rights and are intended for the sole use of the recipient(s) named above.
Any use of the information contained herein (including, but not limited to, total or partial reproduction, communication or distribution in any form) by other persons than the designated recipient(s) is prohibited.
If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender either by telephone or by e-mail and delete the material from any computer".

Thank you for your cooperation.

For further information about Proximus mobile phone services please see our website at http://www.proximus.be or refer to any Proximus agent.