[antlr-interest] Updated C++ parser

Ric Klaren klaren at cs.utwente.nl
Fri Jun 11 06:10:25 PDT 2004

On Thu, Jun 10, 2004 at 08:24:30PM -0700, Monty Zukowski wrote:
> Thanks for releasing it!  Will make for good discussion at the ANTLR
> Revival.

The preproc.g file contains a load pretty extensive comments about 'funny'
stuff I encountered. Especially the exception handling between the
different layers can lead to pretty strange things. It looks like throwing
recognition exceptions from the filter is not advisable (at least it could
lead the inputbuffer of the actual C++ parser in a bad state, I did not
completely diagnose this yet, it was an interaction between the inputbuffer
stuff and default errorhandlers (the consumeUntil fried stuff by reading
from an empty tokenbuffer))

Cheers,

Ric
    ---- Ric Klaren ----- j.klaren at utwente.nl ----- +31 53 4893755  ----