[antlr-interest] Antlr v3: Trees

Anthony Youngman Anthony.Youngman at ECA-International.com
Thu Mar 18 03:29:15 PST 2004

Maybe a bit off topic, but if you're into XML, look at the multi-value
data model.

If you're using XML as a data store, the paradigms are very similar and
we've been handling it for nearly forty years :-)

Cheers,
Wol

-----Original Message-----
From: John D. Mitchell [mailto:johnm-antlr at non.net]
Sent: 17 March 2004 17:21
To: antlr-interest at yahoogroups.com
Subject: [antlr-interest] Antlr v3: Trees

I know that a major overhaul is coming on the tree handling stuff but I
just wanted to state publically that this is, to me, *the* area where
Antlr
can really make a huge difference to the state of practice.

Grammar-based tree transformation is great not just for the traditional
language "compiler" world but is also key to cleaning up all of the ad
hoc
tree crap that people are doing as part of the tidal wave of XML.

Speaking of XML, I think that it's critical to make sure that Antlr v3
efficiently and effectively supports XML recognition, validation, and
transformation.

Go wild,
	John

This transmission is intended for the named recipient only. It may contain private and confidential information. If this has come to you in error you must not act on anything disclosed in it, nor must you copy it, modify it, disseminate it in any way, or show it to anyone. Please e-mail the sender to inform us of the transmission error or telephone ECA International immediately and delete the e-mail from your information system.

Telephone numbers for ECA International offices are: Sydney +61 (0)2 9911 7799, Hong Kong + 852 2121 2388, London +44 (0)20 7351 5000 and New York +1 212 582 2333.