[antlr-interest] Exceptions on errors, thread safety

Hrvoje Nezic hrvoje.nezic at envox-lab.hr
Thu Mar 18 07:03:23 PST 2004

Hi,

I haven't used ANTLR for some time, now I installed 2.7.3rc2.
I am using the C# version.

I would like to be able to get exceptions if input text is not correct.
However, it seems this is not the case. Exceptions are not thrown.
Instead, error messages are written on the console.

Is this by design, and can it be changed somehow?
Is it possible to achieve that error messages are not written on the console?

My second question is about thread safety: are ANTLT-generated parsers
(and especially the C# version) thread-safe?

Thanks!

Best regards,
Hrvoje Nezic