[antlr-interest] ASTFrame

Ric Klaren klaren at cs.utwente.nl
Wed Mar 24 02:18:56 PST 2004

On Mon, Mar 22, 2004 at 06:26:46PM -0000, David wrote:
> antlr/debug/misc/ASTFrame$MyTreeSelectionListener
>         at antlr.debug.misc.ASTFrame.<init>(ASTFrame.java:42)
>         at Main.main(Main.java:17)
>
> For information I'm using the last version of antlr available on the
> web which is antlr-2.7.3rc3.

FYI 2.7.3 is out since a few days.

On Wed, Mar 24, 2004 at 08:01:55AM -0000, David wrote:
> Thank you, I tried both your advice but it is still not working. My
> CLASSPATH is set to :
> CLASSPATH=.:/home/ddefour/tmp/antlr/cgram/examples:/home/ddefour/tmp/antlr/cgram/grammars:/usr/share/java/antlr.jar:/usr/share/java:/usr/local/java/j2sdk1.4.1_05/lib
>
> The fact that there is a '$' sign within the name of the classe
> (ASTFrame$MyTreeSelectionListener) seem very surprising for me. Is it
> not the source of the problem ? because in Linux shell this sign is
> very specific.

The '$' get generated by compiling certain java classes (was it with inner
classes or something) anyway it's normal for java. I could suspect that
this file might be missing from the antlr.jar. You can check with:

jar tvf antlr.jar

If it's missing you can try following the build instructions to build the
jar file anew. On unix the configure+make recipe should work as well.

Cheers,

Ric
    ---- Ric Klaren ----- j.klaren at utwente.nl ----- +31 53 4893722  ----
 Time what is time - I wish I knew how to tell You why - It hurts to know -
          Aren't we machines - Time what is time - Unlock the door
               - And see the truth - Then time is time again
                From: 'Time what is Time' by Blind Guardian