[antlr-interest] Creating fake tokens

Brad Schick schick at robotbattle.com
Tue May 4 23:38:58 PDT 2004

Is there a clean way to create fake tokens from the lexer? I am
working on a language that has an "elseif" keyword, and a nice
solution would be to replace the ELSEIF token with tokens ELSE and
IF. I looked at the lexer docs and only saw how to replace the
default token with another.

If not from the lexer, is it possible to push fake tokens back into
the token stream from the parser? Scanning some antlr code seemed to
indicate this isn't possible.

Thanks,
Brad