[antlr-interest] Creating fake tokens

Monty Zukowski monty at codetransform.com
Wed May 5 07:16:06 PDT 2004

See the recent thread "Re: [antlr-interest] Embedded token stream
technique".  The basic idea is to manually subclass the lexer and
override nextToken() to consult a queue of tokens which your lexer
maintaines.

Another option is to use a parser filter.  See my article "Using a
Parser as a TokenFilter"
http://www.codetransform.com/filterexample.html.

Monty

On May 4, 2004, at 11:38 PM, Brad Schick wrote:

> Is there a clean way to create fake tokens from the lexer? I am
> working on a language that has an "elseif" keyword, and a nice
> solution would be to replace the ELSEIF token with tokens ELSE and
> IF. I looked at the lexer docs and only saw how to replace the
> default token with another.
>
> If not from the lexer, is it possible to push fake tokens back into
> the token stream from the parser? Scanning some antlr code seemed to
> indicate this isn't possible.
>
> Thanks,
> Brad
>

> Yahoo! Groups Links