[antlr-interest] Software Transformation Systems Workshop

Monty Zukowski monty at codetransform.com
Wed May 26 12:17:51 PDT 2004

Hi folks,

	I'm writing a position paper for this conference about real-world
translation projects.  I get lots of inquiries about doing such
projects, so I've learned a bit about what people think they can and
can't do, etc.  But I could use more tales too, so---

Anyone do a real translator with ANTLR out there?

Anyone consider it but decided against it?

For instance, Larry White recently posted asking about doing C++ to
Java translation.  In the end he and his comrades decided that the easy
stuff to translate was trivial, the hard stuff was too hard to
automate, and they decided to do it by hand.

Thanks for any responses!

Monty Zukowski

ANTLR & Java Consultant -- http://www.codetransform.com
ANSI C/GCC transformation toolkit --