[antlr-interest] Spoiled windows brat reporting

Maassen, H.A.M. H.A.M.Maassen at student.tue.nl
Tue Oct 26 03:02:32 PDT 2004

From: Alexey Demakov [mailto:demakov at ispras.ru]

> There is Eclipse plugin for ANTLR that hides command line and improves readability of grammar file.
> But parser creation requires some coding anyway :)

Although I have downloaded Eclipse I haven't had the time (or motivation) to play with it yet. Right now I've added ANTLR as a pre-build event to the C# project, so that I can use that IDE for editing the grammar as well as reviewing the generated source.

Thanks for the tip though, I might try it later when I get the hang of all this other stuff (so many new things coming at me at once ;)). Could you give a small review as to what the Eclipse (with ANTLR plugin) does exactly (ie: how does it hide the cmd line, improve readability, will it help me with debugging my grammar, etc.?)

Thanks,
Harald Maassen