[antlr-interest] Re: build issues: bytecode assembly generation

Don Caton dcaton at shorelinesoftware.com
Thu Oct 28 15:07:13 PDT 2004

Ric:

> Some nmake makefiles would be duly appreciated (since I can
> use those myself with the commandline only free version) If

I haven't looked at nmake (or any make utility for that matter) in many
years.  I used to use Opus Make, but I probably have forgotten most of the
arcane commands and syntax needed to create a non-trivial make file.
Unfortunately, VC does not have any export-to-makefile feature, to convert
project files to nmake files.

Maybe when I get a chance to come up for air I'll try to figure out
something.

> easy (or easier) to add new ones. I was able to make a
> prototype C codegenerator in 2 days, without actually knowing
> how stringtemplate works.

I was at the antlr seminar, I saw what you did and it was very impressive.
Antlr 3 is too far away though.

Regards,

Don Caton
Shoreline Software, Inc.