[antlr-interest] gmane works? huh?

Joan Pujol joanpujol at gmail.com
Sun Oct 31 01:33:58 PDT 2004

Hi Ter,

It's possible that the problem was that your mail archive is bigger
than the mails that had been uploaded to gmane?
Because for me the search works pretty well. And I found it very nice,
because it don't display directly any mail address as text, instead of
that use encrypted mails and images. And also I like the threading
feature.

The about your question:
> Are you sure y'all want me to upload old mail archives into this thing?
For me yes. Gmane has a very good antispam solution. A lot better than
yahoo where you have   XXXX at h --> Then if i use XXXX at hotmail.com I
think that I have at least a 10% of success. That for spammers it's an
authentic paradise.
But if you are working in a better personal solution, I understand
that you don't like too much to rely in third parties.

And about lgcraymer mail, I think also that will be not very difficult
to solve it with antlr (but i don't know if with the same features
that offers gmane).
And it  will be more easily if you like ASF 2.0 license and use some
indexing library like Lucene. I have used it and it's very easy to
learn and very good. But I think that you already know that, there's a
lucene faq in Jguru ;)

Cheers,

--
Joan Jesús Pujol Espinar