[antlr-interest] Should there be 2 antlr jar files for java version

Prashant Deva prashant.deva at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 04:27:15 PDT 2005

Currently we have just one jar file for antlr containing all the
codegen stuff and the code required to run the generated scanners.

So anyone who generates a parser using antlr has to incorporate that
single jar into his apps.

How about having a separate jar(for the java version) which contains
only the code required for running the lexer/parser without all the
codegen stuff. this will be lighter for everyone to distribute.

I believe all the other languages c++/c# already have a smaller lib
which contains only the required stuff. So i dont see why we don't do
the same for the java version.

PRASHANT