[antlr-interest] Should there be 2 antlr jar files for java version

Scott Stanchfield scott at javadude.com
Tue Apr 5 05:38:27 PDT 2005

I took a stab last week at separate jars for 2.7.6.

I separated them into

antlr.jar            - everything
antlr-no-debug.jar   - everything (without java debug symbols)
antlr-rt-all.jar     - all non-build-time classes
antlr-rt-parser.jar  - just the parts needed to run a parser (no ASTs)
antlr-rt-scanner.jar - just the parts needed to run a scanner+parser (no
ASTs)

Size-wise they came out at:
464k  antlr.jar
325k  antlr-no-debug.jar
58k   antlr-rt-all.jar
36k   antlr-rt-parser.jar
45k   antlr-rt-scanner.jar

Any suggestions on what to keep? Is the 58k vs. 36k important enough to have
a separate parser-only jar? Or is 58k small enough?

Later,
-- Scott