[antlr-interest] Using antlr to add new fields to java source based on a template file

Sam Hendley sam.hendley at summus.com
Wed Aug 10 08:19:23 PDT 2005

Hello all, I am doing a little research trying to find a tool to perform
a task at my office and I think antlr and StringTemplate may contain the
solution I am looking for.

What I am looking for specifically is a program that can open a java
source file, analyze its structure (basically enumerate the fields and
methods) and then load in a second java file and make sure that it
contains all the same fields, methods and if it doesn't to fill them in
with the values from the template file. Is this something that Antlr can
handle natively or is it something I would need to custom write? Or is
there already a tool out there that can do this?

Thanks for any pointers you guys can give me.

Sam Hendley