[antlr-interest] Re: Program to migrate antlr docs to wiki

Ahmed Mohombe amohombe at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 21 06:22:32 PDT 2005

> Ok here is my suggestion for a program to migrate existing docs to wiki.
> Some suggestions have to been to write a full blown html parser that
> will convert everything to confluence syntax.
> That will take some effort.
> So what do u think?
Good idea.
Maybe it would make sense to make it as a Confluence plug-in/extension
(Confluence has an OpenAPI, as well as JIRA).
AFAIK this OpenAPI is the base for for a general plug-in API called
"Tonic", independent of Confluence:
http://wiki.opensymphony.com/display/TON
https://tonic.dev.java.net/
IMHO it would make sense to write the 'migration tool' as an extension,
since it will compatible with more wikis, and it will be easier to use
it one can call the function directly from the wiki.

There are already many extensions for Confluence:
http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONFEXT/

There's even a Word 2 wiki converter there:
http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONFEXT/Word+to+Confluence+Converter

Ahmed.