[antlr-interest] Issue with antlr 2.7.5rc2

Ric Klaren ric.klaren at gmail.com
Fri Jan 28 04:53:04 PST 2005

On Fri, 28 Jan 2005 02:29:27 -0600, Tushar Jog <tusharjog at gmail.com> wrote:
> on creating a DerivedGrammar (Parser and Lexer) from a BaseGrammer
> (Parser and Lexer) ,
> the new literals introduced in DerivedGrammar do not find there way into
> DerivedGrammarLexer.cpp    DerivedGrammar::initLiterals()  function,
> while the following files
> DerivedGrammarTokenTypes.txt
> DerivedGrammarTokenTypes.hpp
> show that the new literals have been added here.
>
> I am using the cpp code generation of antlr.
>
> On hand editing DerivedGrammarLexer.cpp to add the new literals to
> initLiterals() function, the DerivedGrammar parser correctly recognizes
> the new literals as literals as opposed to identifiers.
>
> Is this a know or new bug ? Or is this behaviour expected ?

It's the first time I hear of this behaviour.

> The expandedGrammar.g file looks OK though, so I suspect that this is
> a cpp code generator issue.

C++ mode does basically the same as Java mode (or at least it should)

Could you send me the input files/pruned down input files that show
the behaviour and I'll have a look at it.

> Also, how does one submit BUG FIX requests for antlr ?

The list is a good spot, Terence is also a good person to start with,
C++ stuff you can directly take up with me, I assume the other backend
maintainers also have no trouble with being mailed directly.

Cheers,

Ric