[antlr-interest] Evaluation boolean expressions

Xavier Benveniste xavier.benveniste at free.fr
Wed Jul 27 07:21:27 PDT 2005

Hi,

First, thanks both of you for your follow-up.

In fact, the atom rule suggested by John B. Brodie was one of some I had
already tried.
And, indeed, this new grammar doesn't suit my expectations.
But I'm not going to give up for all that.
Currently, I'm (re)reading some tutorials from the site and I hope I'll be
able to build it some day.
But I guess this is one huge concern about ANTLR :
- the grammar examples are either very straightforward or quite
incomprehensible for newbies (as I am), and the learning curve seems
endless.

Another point is that the mailing list isn't very helpful : too few people
try to help new ANTLR users (so, I'm very grateful to both of you and some
others).

Actually, I'm pretty sure that what I'm trying is do is a five minutes
working time for an experienced ANTLR and java developer.
Anyway, thanks again.