[antlr-interest] a request about "reply-all" to list

Scott Stanchfield scott at javadude.com
Wed Jun 1 18:08:40 PDT 2005

> The fact is, nettiquette was thrashed out as a very workable
> setup by people who knew what they were doing.

No no no! Netiquette was thrashed out by a small group of know-it-alls who
*think* they knew what's best.

The Simpson's episode where the "smart people" take charge of Springfield
comes to mind...

> Things only
> got screwed up when a couple of big corporations let hordes
> of clueless lusers onto the net.

I was on long before then, and have evolved since then. Netiquette needs to
adapt.

What if we still killed people for arguing that the world is not flat or the
center of the universe?

> Oh - by the way - which server are you going to "fix"?

The mailing list server.

Sheesh! This is the only mailing list I've EVER been on that acts this way.
Every other list sets the proper headers.

-- Scott