[antlr-interest] Re: ANTLR 3.0ea2 and ANTLRWorks 1.0ea2 released!

Gerald B. Rosenberg gbr at newtechlaw.com
Mon Jun 13 16:58:30 PDT 2005

>>ii) I recommend you avoid error message (and confirmation) dialog boxes
>>alltogther.  This like article says why and suggests some alternatives
>><http://www.forward.com.au/javaProgramming/javaGuiTips/dialogBoxes.html#dialog_boxes>http://www.forward.com.au/javaProgramming/javaGuiTips/dialogBoxes.html#dialog_boxes
>>
>>I am sure you can think of others or more pleasing designs.
>>

>This is a delicate subject. I don't agree completely with your philosophy,
>but it is interesting. I am currently following (but there is some lack I
>recognize) the Apple Design Guidelines.

"Add a preference option and even those that vehemently disagree with the
guidelines will be just as happy as those who knowingly never think to
change the default."  Gandhi, as quoted with approval by the Dalai Lama.

----
Gerald B. Rosenberg, Esq.
NewTechLaw
285 Hamilton Avenue, Suite 520
Palo Alto, CA  94301-2576

650.325.2100  (office)  /  650.703.1724  (cell)
650.325.2107  (facsimile)

www.newtechlaw.com

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  This email message (including any attachments) is
being sent by an attorney, is for the sole use of the intended recipient,
and may contain confidential and privileged information.  Any unauthorized
review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.  If you are not the
intended recipient, please contact the sender immediately by reply e-mail
and delete all copies of this message and any attachments without retaining
a copy.