[antlr-interest] v3.0 debug interface

Scott Stanchfield scott at javadude.com
Thu Mar 24 20:25:17 PST 2005

> > That said, an implementation in Eclipse would need to use
> socket-based
> > communication ;)
>
> Really?  Oh well; good to know.

Considering that the plugin would be running in a different VM than the
application doing the parsing... Then again, we could set up the launcher to
run it in the same VM as eclipse, but that's not generally a good idea b/c
you then inherit the classpath of the eclipse installation rather than
what's set up in the project.

Basically you need some kind of remote communication. For the new ParseView,
I'm using RMI (as it's Java-Java communication).

Later,
-- Scott