[antlr-interest] Serious Bug when using BitSetgeneration

Geir Ove Skjaervik geiroves at online.no
Thu Nov 17 23:13:01 PST 2005

Hello,

Are we supposed to take this kind of feedback seriously? You may make
fun of other peoples problems, but does this kind of feedback belong
here?

You clearly do not understand the nature of the problem, or you would
not have replied the way you do; and when you do not udnerstand, why
don't you refreain from replying?

a) Switching to 3.x is NOT an option after having written about 5000
lines of Parser and Tree Parser code

b) If it is a limitation, ANTLR should warn you about that.

c) The workaround means avoiding BitSets alltogehter for ** everyone **.
As long as we (programmers and the ANTLR developemnt team) does NOT
understand the nature of the problem, then we do NOT know when this bug
strikes!

d) Avoiding BitSets all the time means two things:
   i) Performance takes a big hit
   ii) Why are they there if all they can do is pose a BIG problem in
unknown situations

Geir Ove

Geir Ove