[antlr-interest] changed 'x' to "x" for v3

Martin Probst mail at martin-probst.com
Sun Nov 27 13:08:03 PST 2005

Hi,

> For that matter the double quote is on Shift-2. Even more awkwardly
> the numerous brackets, braces, parens are
> all hidden away with modifier keys on the 8 and 9 keys (differently
> on the Mac of course...I think the square
> ones are on Alt-5 and Alt-6 but I cannot remember that, since I long
> ago switched to an US-style keyboard layout
> and hardware for that reason alone..)

That's why I use a modified US layout for programming, it's just
unbearable with the {} and []. French is even more weird, where you have
to press shift to type numbers ...

Anyway, the ' vs " thing is not really an issue, I just wanted to point
that out, not that we Europeans get out of sight in here ;-)

Is quoting/escaping really an issue? I guess most of the time the source
code to be parsed will reside in it's own file, without quoting issues,
or not?

Martin