ANTLR 2.x a Mess ? ( was [antlr-interest] Complaints about BaseAST implementation)

Akhilesh Mritunjai virtualaspirin at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 13 01:11:16 PDT 2005

Hi Geir

It was a figure of speech :-)

ANTLR 2.x is rock solid. I can vouch for it. If you
want further assurance, let me say that my career
personally depends on ANTLR... and we have taken that
decision after a LOT of analysis and study. ANTLR
rocks!

ANTLR is backed by more than 2 *decades* of solid work
by Terence. He has made a great contribution.

Oh, and still if you're unsure, ANTLR is under BSD
license (previous versions are in public domain!!!) so
what more one can ask. It is well documented and I am
confident of fixing the bugs we might encounter in the
remote and unlikely situation that no other support is
available. Terence has stood by his creations for more
than two decades and its enough to have faith in his
products. Bugs are part of software development, they
come and go... no big deal there!

- Akhilesh