[antlr-interest] bidirectional grammars using antlr

Meghan Pike meghan.c.pike at gmail.com
Mon Apr 24 07:02:50 PDT 2006

Hi,

I was wondering if there were any way / tools to make a bidirectional
grammar in antlr?

I have a grammar written in antlr and not only do I want to parse sentences
with it, I also want it to generate example sentences. (well actually I want
it to generate all possible sentences.) Much like Definate Clause Grammars
in Prolog. (I'd prefer not to have to use prolog in java or somesuch.)

I was wondering if there were any tools / addon / projects that do this
using antlr, or if anybody knew of any written in / for other parser
generators?

I don't really want to have to duplicate work if somebody has already made
one.

thanks

Meghan