[antlr-interest] Using ANTLR3 in an Eclipse Environment

Foolish Ewe foolishewe at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 6 10:13:22 PST 2006

Thank you for the tips Hugo.

I have used ANTLRworks for developing my grammar and I agree it is very nice
and
is becoming even more polished every time I try it.

Regarding eclipse plugins, there are 2 that I'm aware of the
freely licensed eclipse plugin downloadable from source forge (I've tried
this one, it is
nice but I prefer ANTLRworks)
http://antlreclipse.sourceforge.net/

and I think the ANTLR studio is also an eclipse plugin which is commercially
licensed
(I've never tried this version, but it looks nice).
http://www.placidsystems.com/

I think both the eclipse plugin and ANTLR studio currently support ANTLR2,
while ANTRLworks
supports ANTLR3, which is what I use.

Tentatilvey (as a quick approach) I was thinking of placing the ANTLRworks
jar in my class path,
but eventually, I think I will want to do something along the lines of what
you suggest.

Regards:

Bill M.