[antlr-interest] ANTLRWorks1.0b6 New useability annoyances

Andrew Smith asmith at moncons.co.uk
Mon Nov 27 16:17:06 PST 2006

Hi Jean,

There have been notable improvements in your amendments to ANTLRWorks,
thanks, but b5 to b6 has taken some steps back. I have noticed two
changes that are not helpful:
a) The ability to retain the size and position of project windows has
stopped working as a result of this upgrade - on Win2K/Java 1.5.0.09 at
least. Whatever the setting of the check box in Preferences, and making
sure that Apply is clicked, if ANTLRWorks is restarted or a project is
reloaded the standard window (top left corner and 800x600 overall) will
appear.
b)In b6 the only way to alter the output directory seems to be to change
the overall preferences. On generation or debugging in b5 and earlier a
directory change dialogue was offered if a grammar file was altered and
saved, or even just reloaded. I found this very useful to keep work on
different grammars separate.

The first one at least was a change that you introduced (b1 to b2 or b3)
in the development process and it would be a shame to lose it again,
whilst the second was welcome from the very first beta!,

Thanks,
Andrew Smith